GPA DROP

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: GPA DROP
By Keng1 (Keng1) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:10 pm: Edit

ok i checked my grades today and found out i got 5 A's and 2 B's instead of my projected 6 A's and a B. now, theres actually two questions i have...
1) should i contest my B in AP U.S. History becuase I know its a lie. the reason being that i had a 97 at quarter and i kno i didnt do bad on my teacher's tests n projects. BUT shes freaking retired so should i go to my school's administration?
2) with that second B it brings my overal GPA to a 3.78 (yes very low) however, even if i had only gotten one B my GPA would only be 3.80.
my soph/junior would be 3.79/3.83 is the .02/.03 worth contesting? or should i just forget about it.
btw as im typing this im thinking some pretty malicious thoughts on my teacher. ok thnx

By Welshie (Welshie) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:31 pm: Edit

If you KNOW that you had a 97 and it shouldn't have dropped to a B, then sure, go ahead and contest it. If you THINK you should have an A but aren't really all that certain, you might be better off taking the B. Either way though, the one extra B isn't going to hurt you at all.

By Keng1 (Keng1) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

no i kno i should have an A but thats =not really the point. even if i kno myself i can not really contact my teacher. that old hag retired so wut i have to do is to go talk to the administration? n my guess is that they wont want anything to do with it.

By Welshie (Welshie) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

You'd be surprised at how much the administration would do. I know a kid here got a B, an honest B, in Honors Chemistry, took a summer Chem class at Berkeley, got an A there, came back to the school, complained to the administration and had his grade changed-- completely undercut the teacher.

By Keng1 (Keng1) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 08:25 pm: Edit

i mean i guess its worth a shot bcuz i truly believe i got an A...97 to a solid B not even B+ is a bit extreme. do u suggest i go in with parents?

By Rbc13 (Rbc13) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:23 pm: Edit

I had almost the exact situation two years ago, after my freshman year. I got my report card, and lookee here, a B in third quarter and a B on the final for Choir. Completely shocked me, my first B since 4th grade. She was new, and graded us on participation and attendence. Had just come in for the second semester, because something happened to the old teacher. I was the only male in a class of 19 females, just thought i'd throw that out there. Anyways, the final was graded on singing one group song, and she said she'd give us all A's.

And when i tried to reach her(or should I say my mother), she had apparently disappeared, and left no trace behind. So my mom casualy told this story to someone at the school, and they mailed me a report card with A's for the 4th Q and the final within 10 days. No questions asked. Maybe it was because they checked with other students report cards in that class, didn't want to check into the issue, were having a good day, looked at my other grades(see my profile if you want to), or were nice, and believed my story. I'm not complaining.

The point here is that you should call, or maybe your parents would be better, as the person may be more intimidated, and not want to argue with them. DEFINITELY try to do something about it! Or at least let them(Counselor maybe?) look at your final if you think you should have gotten an A. Or have them check other students, maybe everybody had A's or everyone had B's, and the school could fix the issue. What im wondering, what was your 4th Q grade, because if it's an A then you only need something like a C on the final, and you would have a better case. If you know your grade is wrong, then either do something, or have your parents. Each grade matters, who knows, maybe if you have a 3.80 or higher you get a certain award and scholarship. Or just try to think of some way to prove that you deserve an A. Good luck. :)

By Keng1 (Keng1) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

alritey...thnx for all the help guys

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Yes, you must go there WITH your parents. I've gone to the office several times but nothing was ever resolved because I was just some punk kid without an adult to back me up.

By Keng1 (Keng1) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 10:59 pm: Edit

so i go in during summer time or wait until when skool starts in the fall?

By Shaka (Shaka) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:40 am: Edit

i got a grade thing to be resolved and i will go in tommorow into school for it...altho school's out

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page