Japanese SAT II?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Japanese SAT II?
By Theali00 (Theali00) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 02:04 pm: Edit

Any non-Japanese take this test? How was it? I hear the curve's horrible b/c mainly japanese take it. What's worse,is that there are literally no review books anywhere to be found. Even the barron's one is out of print and was published in '95. If you guys have any suggestions i'd really appreciate it. Thx a lot.

By Theali00 (Theali00) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

bump to teh bump

By Theali00 (Theali00) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:37 pm: Edit

bizump(izzle)

By Tsunashima1 (Tsunashima1) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

I peeked at the test from the 22 Real SAT II's book and it looks pretty easy. It tests elementary school level kanji, vocab, and grammar. I don't remember the exact curve, but it's big enough.

By Frs (Frs) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 09:31 am: Edit

I looked at the sample questions on collegeboard's website, and it looks hard to me (I just finished Japanese II), personally. I was familiar with (doesn't mean I knew them, lol) a little more than half the kanji, and it was nice that they put the questions in romaji as well as hiragana, 'cause I can read romaji a lot faster. I was familiar with almost all the grammar but only like half the vocab.

Anyway, here's a question I have. I take Japanese distance learning (sattelite tv) and they only offer it to Japanese III, and if I were to take the Japanese test w/listening, they only offer it in November. So, if I wait another year and take Japanese III (which ends in like the end of May), I won't have taken Japanese for like 5 months. I could take it this November after having been in Japanese III for 2 months, but not having learnt the whole Japanese III curicculum. What should I do?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page