First Diagnostic Test For SAT: Should I Study?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: First Diagnostic Test For SAT: Should I Study?
By Aab123 (Aab123) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 11:16 am: Edit

Hey guys-

I am taking the new SAT this upcoming school year. I will be using a tutoring service, which requires me to take a diagnostic test before, so they can best see how much/what type I need.

Since they do not have the new SAT formatted practice tests yet, I will be taking the old SAT tomorrow, and the writing section on Wednesday.

Is this something that I should study for? I have not began preparing for the SATs, and I'm wondering if it's right to study for these diagnostic tests, or if it's better to take them cold so I have a better feel of what I need to study.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for the help

By 007 (007) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 12:32 pm: Edit

no

By Aab123 (Aab123) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 05:29 pm: Edit

bumpity bump

By Bettina (Bettina) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

You don't really need to study before your tutoring starts. The only advantage is that you are really begining to 'study' for the SAT earlier than your formal tutoring starts.

The only advantage I can think of, is that by studying on your own, you will bring yourself up to basic level you can do by yourself (learning strategies). After that you can better measure if the tutoring service was able to improve your score at all.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 06:35 pm: Edit

Getting a higher score raises the bar for the non-existing guarantees :)

By Aab123 (Aab123) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 06:02 pm: Edit

Well, I just took it (cold).

This was the first time ever taking an SAT, and frankly I didn't think it was that bad.

Math seemed easy to me...only like 5 which I thought were tough.

Reading comprehension was tough.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page