What should i do?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: What should i do?
By Shoo_Shakin (Shoo_Shakin) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

I took the SATI in March and got a 710M 560V=1270...then i took the SATIIs in May and got 710 MathIIC and 610 Writing....and finally i took the SATIs again this june and got 780M and 530V=1310

does it look bad to take the SATIs a third time? cuz i completely suck in verbal and i really actually studied hardcore for the june one...so i dunno

and should i retake the mathIIc and writing? cuz i heard you really shouldn't take the SATIIs multiple times. it doesn't look too great

thanks

By Isabella (Isabella) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 09:27 pm: Edit

It isn't bad to take the SAT three times, but you shouldn't take it again unless you're going to do some serious work to improve your verbal score, because it's been consistently low. Is there one particular type of verbal question that's your weakness, or is it across the board? How are your grammar and vocab skills?

I would get a tutor for verbal and not plan to retake unless you can raise it significantly with help.

By Shoo_Shakin (Shoo_Shakin) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:39 pm: Edit

bump

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

I wouldn't even worry about math (you have a 780 for composite already) and I would just go all out with verbal. Focus on your weaknesses (maybe vocab or CR) and then go for it. If you can get 650 V, with your math score, that is a really good SAT score. Good luck!

By Shoo_Shakin (Shoo_Shakin) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:57 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page