Whats up with math IIC?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Whats up with math IIC?
By Crazykidd (Crazykidd) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:09 pm: Edit

from what i hear...people tend to do bad on math IIC and think it's really hard...however, an 800 is only 90th percentile...i dont understand how that works...do that many people really get 800s??? comments anyone??

By Keng1 (Keng1) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:13 pm: Edit

yeah its true, iic is really not that bad if u immerse urself in how the test is written and structured. most times people cant perform the math even if they see how to answer the questions and other tesmi people can perform the math and not know see how to do it. yet, there are plenty of people out there that can see if farily well. in my school for example, there are a plethora of people i kno that have 800's and 750+'s. u just have to study a lot for u to get an 800. study as in take a lot of the tests.

By Crazykidd (Crazykidd) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:15 pm: Edit

true...but why is the curve so high then that 10% of takers get 800's...wouldnt it be better to make the curve harsher but actually have 800 mean something

By Bacchanalian (Bacchanalian) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:33 pm: Edit

It's because there are two math tests. The IIc test is generally taken by math-oriented people/students in more advanced classes. Once you understand all of the concepts, it isn't really that hard to score high. It IS a harder test, but it's taken by alot of very smart people, resulting in the skewed left distribution.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page