Admissions emphasis on SAT IIs?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Admissions emphasis on SAT IIs?
By Bacchanalian (Bacchanalian) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:02 pm: Edit

I just looked up Princeton on collegeboard.com, and it says that they use SAT II scores solely for "placement", while SAT I scores are used for admissions. This is more than a little disheartening since I did well on my SAT IIs (800,790,790) and decent on my SAT (1510). Anybody know whats up with this, and whether or not my SAT II scores will help in admissions at all?

By Monoe (Monoe) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:06 pm: Edit

No, no, SAT II's count. Ivies and other Top 20 schools use them for admissions purposes, not just placement. I don't know about Princeton specifically, and it could well be an exception, but for the most part your 790/790/800 will be a great help at top colleges.

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

This means that if you generally score 650+ on your SAT IIs, you are in the door at all of the selective institutions. That being said, a score between 650-700 will not hurt you at the Ivies; however, a score of 750+ will only help you. But unless you score below 650 on an SAT II, it shouldn't be a cause for concern.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page