SAT II Physics Help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II Physics Help!
By Simei (Simei) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 12:47 pm: Edit

I am thinking about taking that test, but I've only had Honors Physcis so far. Do you think I'd have a good chance to do well on it? Oh and can any of you suggest some good prep-books? thx!

By Physicskid123 (Physicskid123) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 12:53 pm: Edit

I took AP Physics C mechanics, so I had to teach myself everything on the test. I used Princeton Review in conjuction with sparknotes and the real SAT II. Review these carefully and you'll do fine. Princeton Review has very accurate tests, and is easy to learn from. Sparknotes can fill in the cracks. I used REA for its 5 practice tests, which also helped. All of this helped me get my 800.

By Paulhomework (Paulhomework) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

I had Honors physics and i got 760. However, you must know that most Honors classes do not have enough time to cover everything that's on the test. For example, although we did cover the mechanics, electricity, magnetism, and parts of thermodynamics, we did not cover most of the optics, relaitivity, history of physics, etc.

AP helps a lot on mechanics and EM, but you have to learn a lot of other stuff on your own. The good w/ AP is that you can pretty much breeze through the M and EM sections which is more than 50% of the test, and have ample time to do the rest.

BTW, i used Princeton Review and it improved my grade from a 620 (before prep) to a 760 (after prep).

By Doerame (Doerame) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 11:58 am: Edit

This is the one test for which i can say PR is a reliable prep source. As paulhomework said, a lot of things aren't covered, especially magnetism and angular rotation. There are always a few questions on Einstein's theory of relativity, which i learned from PR... So i advice you to pick up that book if you plan on taking the test

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page