Best Math IIC Revie Book?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Best Math IIC Revie Book?
By Clipperdude21 (Clipperdude21) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:54 am: Edit

What is the best in your opinion?

By Jrpar (Jrpar) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:11 am: Edit

Barron's is good, but definitely much harder than the actual test. But if you can get through the Barron's tests, you'll be in good shape for the real thing.

By Dostoyevsky (Dostoyevsky) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 12:34 pm: Edit

i looked at barron's, and it was real nice....however, do NOT use it if the test is coming up within a week....badddd idea, because barrons has SOOO much extra info....i actually used my precalc book (it has these nice mini-reviews at the end of each chapter, the reviews have the concept covered in the section and a sample problem too)....i would recommend you get a REAL test (i regret not buying the 10 REAL SAT IIs)...and get to know and love your calculator...i did the WHOLE thing on the calc....only got a 790 tho (for math iic thats not THAT good)

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:17 pm: Edit

Barrons and a TI-89

By Number9 (Number9) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 03:19 pm: Edit

^ Bingo.

By Smazn (Smazn) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

i bought the pr, barron's, and sparknotes only tests books. I went through pr and thought it was a breeze. I gave up on barron's halfway through the content review and decided to do all of sparknotes' tests in 2 days before the test. i didn't use a ti-89, but used a ti-86 and got calc programs from friends. i believe the best book is sparknotes and barron's if you have the endurance to sit there and understand the material. BTW I got an 800.

By Whtx (Whtx) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Can you get 800 on MathIIC without taking precalc&calc? Just by using the prep books?

By Briansee (Briansee) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 02:13 am: Edit

I only used the PR SAT II math book that covered both 1c and 2c. I bought the math workout book, but was too lazy to get to it. However, I found that Cracking the SAT II Math book was good enough for me to get an 800.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page