Retake SAT I or SAT II in October?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Retake SAT I or SAT II in October?
By Blackminority1 (Blackminority1) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

I have taken the SAT I two times so far (I am a rising senior) and have gotten these scores:

1st Test Date: Verbal 650 Math 710
2nd Test Date: Verbal 630 Math 760

I then took the SAT II Writing, Chemistry, and Math IIC in June and received the following scores:

Writing 660 Chemistry 750 Math IIC 720

I just wanted to get some other people's perspective in which test to retake in October.

I am looking into engineering and I am planning on going to a top 25 school (MIT/Duke are at the top of the list) Also as my name implies I am black, if that makes any difference. Thx for all of your CONSTRUCTIVE responses.

This should NOT turn into a debate about AA, as many of my past posts have. Just clear and simple, what should I retake and what should I leave as is.

By Ohio_Mom (Ohio_Mom) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

Your chemistry score is ok - leave that one alone.

I don't like the writing test because the essay is hard to predict. Since MIT doesn't require writing, you could try one of the others in the Real SAT II's (Literature, American History and Social Studies, or World History) and see how you did. Duke wants writing, though. If you didn't do a lot of prep for your II's, I think that upping your IIC and Writing scores might be the best for October. Its tough call, though. Good luck with whatever course you take.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page