Retake chem sat II

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Retake chem sat II
By Vjyyfv (Vjyyfv) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:45 pm: Edit

-skip story if you want...-
sat II chem was my first sat II. started the day off getting to school at 8 am and i forgot my admission ticket and my ID because all i cared about was the test. i asked my friend (who ended up actually knowing nothing) if it's okay. he said i wont be able to take the test without it. went home.. ran around the house 15 mins looking for my admission ticket, even though i always left in my backpack but wasn't there. and then printer was out of ink. left my student id home again when one of my friends said he'll print it out for me. while waiting for him, teachers were told to close the doors because it's too late to take it now... and blah blah blah
at the end... i walked into the class at 8:40.. 40 minutes late. everyone looked at me like i am a freak walking in to take a sat II test 40 mins late when they were "right" about to start. i went through the test.. and some reason totally skipped the T/F without seeing it at all. after the 70 i thought it was a new sat II just like they're going to have the new SAT but then.. thought it was weird.. but i was thinking i can't do anything about that. went through the test to do questions i was unsure about. after spending a lot of time of those questions, i turn the page and T/F are RIGHT there with only 3 mins left. i rushed through them but still didn't get to finish it. and the T/F is the part i'm the strongest in in the sat II. and since i missed the beginning, i didn't even know where to put the T/F answers so i had to look for that with only a few mins left -_- i think it's actually worse than it seems because it was my first sat II/test.

i end up doing REALLY bad with a score of

what should i do? i was thinking about retaking it for a long time (since right after my test). but i'm taking physics next year and i want to take physics sat II, and then AP chem the year after that.

-should i retake it in oct?
-not retake it at all (even though that score is that low)
-retake it in oct, after the summer that i will be doing ap chem summer assignment (conflict someone told me is if i want to take my SAT again.. then i wont be able to take the sat II chem again)

please tell me what you think, because 600 is a horrible score...

By Smartgirl (Smartgirl) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:56 pm: Edit

i think you should retake it along with the AP Chemistry test- they are similar. Good luck!

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:10 pm: Edit

Why didn't you cancel your score right after the test?

By Vjyyfv (Vjyyfv) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:21 pm: Edit

i didn't cancel because i still wanted to see how i'll do even though i know it wouldn't be good..

i can't retake it when i take the AP chem test because i'll be in 12th grade and that'll be the time when i pick from the college from the acceptance letters.. :T

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page