Schaum's Outlines any good?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Schaum's Outlines any good?
By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 09:22 pm: Edit

hey, i was thinking of buying Schaum's outlines for trignometry to do something in the summer. have any of you ever used them to prep or get a feel for the subject(im talking about the outlines in general). some input please

By Kikuchi (Kikuchi) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:40 pm: Edit

exacly the same question, but do you people suggest we get a real book, and then we supplement it with Schaums?

By Joshjmgs (Joshjmgs) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 04:19 pm: Edit

I have used Schaums College Physics, and I liked it a lot.
If you have a Barnes and Noble near you, just take a seat in one of those leather chairs (they are so comfortable!) or a table by a cafe and look over the book. If you like it, read it there, but bring a notepad to write things down. If you like this book better than any other there, work on it there or buy it.

By Simplyloved (Simplyloved) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 05:21 pm: Edit

my teacher suggested the schaum's to usefor trig (took it last year). From what I hear from other people it seems really good.

By Sparky (Sparky) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 11:58 am: Edit

The trig book was pretty good. anybody know if schaums Pre cal book is any good?

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 06:37 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page