October SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: October SAT
By Cem (Cem) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:50 pm: Edit

I was just wondering when the registration deadline is for the October SATs (if it will be sometime this summer or in early September.) I also have a question about how much I'll be able to boost my score- I wasn't exactly happy with my June results (690V, 630M). What would be a realistic goal for me to set for myself? I plan on studying around an hour a day max. Thanks!

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

Early September, I do believe.

By Cem (Cem) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Thanks... can anyone give me a realistic goal to set?

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

Well, you did a little better than me. I am going for the Ivies, and will do an hour a day starting this Tuesday. I'll also be doing a half hour for each SAT II. I'm planning to set my goal at 1500, even though it may seen unrealistic. With that much time spent studying on it, I'm sure I can get there, though.

By Acethesats (Acethesats) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

1400+ is my goal with alot of studying. Cem you could reach higher 1400s if you study enough since you are already at 1320.

Oh and the deadline for registration is september 9th. Better register early so it'll be close to home.

Later

By Cem (Cem) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 05:32 am: Edit

Thanks Number9 and acethesats... I appreciate your help. Hopefully, we'll all get a solid score!

By Joshjmgs (Joshjmgs) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 10:46 am: Edit

september 7th

If you work on the math, and try to not make any more careless mistakes, Im sure you can boost it to 650+, if not a 700.
For the verbal, it depends. You should know how to find a meaning of a word from its roots for the sentence completion and analogies.
For the critical reading, just answer based on the passage.
Just practce and you combined score should go up between 100-200 points.

By Acethesats (Acethesats) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 05:31 pm: Edit

Oh lol what was I doing mistyped the number I meant september 7th. Just thought I clear that up and not sound stupid lol.

Peace

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page