Gah! strange SAT scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Gah! strange SAT scores
By Vtran31 (Vtran31) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 06:00 pm: Edit

took 2 practice. on the first one my scores were:
verbal: 610
math: 760
total: 1370

on my send one:
verbal: 690
Math- 700
total: 1390

yea. I boosted my verbal by 80 points nad lowered my math by 60. I took one test today and the other one on monday. no practice otehr than looking over my test. I think I isolated my problems though. I think In verbal, I missed NO critcal reading this time and all my errors were in sentence completion and analogies. Math i just make dumb mistakes. was more relaxed today so that explains how I did well on critcal reading (all the info is given to you you just need to find it). and why I did so poorly on math. let's hope i learn perfection by novembe rnad December :-P

PS. any additional assessments would help!

By Acethesats (Acethesats) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:04 pm: Edit

Well it is very different when you take the real one at the test center. In my opinion the worst thing you can do during the test is to panic. On the math sections you are basically screwed if you panic on any problem if you have high hopes of scoring a 750+. My suggestion is just to get your self to familiarize with as much math as you can when you take it.

By Vtran31 (Vtran31) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:08 pm: Edit

yea I am. I usually find one or two math har dna di just skip em and come back when i can think better.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page