Easiest SAT II's to Score over 700 on?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Easiest SAT II's to Score over 700 on?
By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:17 pm: Edit

I need to know which 3 sat II's it would be easiest to score over 700 on. Applying ED to dartmouth adn need to ensure that i have some nice grades to send from the october testing.

I have all summer to prepare and study, which ones are the best bets. Which ones can be studied for the most?

I'm thinking literature and math 1C. Already took writing and got a 770.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

IIC is easy to score above a 700 because the curve is so generous...provided you know what you're doing. US History maybe?

By Hertish (Hertish) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:31 pm: Edit

2c

By Futurepres (Futurepres) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:01 pm: Edit

If you know Chinese, do that one. The mean score is 756.

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

actually don't do chinese unless ur a native speaker, the curve is sooo harshh, u miss one u probably get under the mean.

By Joshjmgs (Joshjmgs) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:32 pm: Edit

If you are good at history, you have your pick between world and american. I know the curves are extremely generous.

If you excel in a particular science, take it. I suggest the chemistry because it has a very nice curve (7 wrong is still an 800) and I think its the easiest science to self-study.

By Irock1ce (Irock1ce) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

how about bio?

By Acethesats (Acethesats) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:01 pm: Edit

The last time I checked if you are a native speaker in anything it would not be in your best interest to take that language. I'm a native chinese speaker and I looked at a practice test on the web. The difficulty of the test is probably that of a 2nd grader in china. It is in my opinion very easy for a native speaker. It is a waste of time and money to take something like that since colleges probably won't even look at it. IIc is what looks the best on any transcript and I'd say if you are a history person take the US hist and/or World history. Writing is required in many places and is not that hard of a test.

Hope the above answered some of your questions.

By Dalaboy (Dalaboy) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:05 pm: Edit

actually couldn't u bypass the language requirement for enrollment if u get a certain score on the sat ii language tests?

By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

The SAT Math IIC is the easiest to score above a 700 on -- an 800 is only 90 percentile.

By Sulskman (Sulskman) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 08:21 pm: Edit

If you took AP US and paid attention and did well, you will do well on US.
I disagree with the suggestion to take World. World covers such a large amount of material, that it is impossible to know exactly what to know; while the US curriculum is very clear.
Lit is a good one b/c it requires no prior preperation. If you took AP Lang or Lit, you should do fine.

By Elizabeth22 (Elizabeth22) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 09:00 am: Edit

I thought Lit was a pretty difficult test- I did well, but I didn't expect to. A lot of kids I know didn't score high on Lit. If you have good explication skills and you can figure out poetry, go for it. If it gives you an idea, my Lit. score was the exact same as my verbal SAT I score, and my Math IC was the exact same as my math SAT I score.

By Monoe (Monoe) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:20 am: Edit

Lit has a tough curve.

By Ella05 (Ella05) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

I took Lit w/o any AP language arts classes. It seemed easy to me.

By C_J (C_J) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 04:54 pm: Edit

The Lit. curve is harsh (I think you need 3 or fewer wrong out of 60 to get an 800), but if English is your thing (in other words, if you thought the AP language/verbal SAT I exams were easy), then take it! I did little to no studying for it and scored 70 points higher than I did on the U.S. History test, which I prepared insanely hard for.

By Speeddemon608 (Speeddemon608) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 05:15 pm: Edit

i was in ap history
i got a 620 though not quite up to par with other sat 2s i took

so i dont think thats the easiest, but the teacher for our ap class wasnt the best of teachers....we skipped wwI and wwII....so i guess i cant really give a good assessment

chem is easy if you understand it like others said, and curve is nice for it

By Speeddemon608 (Speeddemon608) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 05:16 pm: Edit

american history that is

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page