Questions about the SATs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Questions about the SATs
By Devious (Devious) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:16 pm: Edit

Hey, I've got a few questions I'd like to ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Generally, how many questions can I skip and still get 800s on math, verbal, mathIIc, physics and writing?

2. I read something about a grade curve; does this mean I can get an answer or two wrong and still come out with an 800?

3. I'm an international student, will the my SATs differ from the ones given in the states? If so, will the verbal and writing tests be easier or harder?

4. Does the curve apply to the entire world, i.e. everyone who sat for the SATs, or is it scaled according to country, region or all international candidates?

Thanks!

By Netmet (Netmet) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

I'll try to answer all of your questions:
1. Math- generally 1 omit for an 800 is maximum, Verbal: Usually around 3 or 4 omits for an 800....Math 2C and Physics- I don't remember exactly, but these are some nice curves, possibly you could leave 8-10 out, but I'm not 100 percent sure, Writing- depends on your essay scores, with perfect essay scores, you could leave 6 or 7 out and still get an 800 though I believe
2. Yes, you can...you could get quite a few wrong on 2c and physics and still get an 800
3. Tests are not any different to my knowledge, and if they are, they would be the exact same level of difficulty
4. No separate scales, same curve.

By Devious (Devious) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:42 pm: Edit

What if I got a couple wrong on my SATs (not SAT-IIs), can I still score an 800? And too bad about the same curve, I was really relying on this to get a half-decent verbal score. :P

Thanks Netmet.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page