What company is best for review?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: What company is best for review?
By Sagar_Indurkhya (Sagar_Indurkhya) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:08 pm: Edit

I want to review this summer. I got a 680 in math, and a 610 in verbal, so 1290 overall. Does anyone know any techniques that will really increase my score. I am starting to read a lot, especially tough books. What company is the best for review(books only): Kaplan, Princeton Review, Barrons, or Grubers. I am leaning towards PR, because I heard that their tests are a lot harder, and better prepare you for SAT. I already tried Kaplan, and the math prep isn't very good.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I will be probably taking SAT again between October and December.

PS: If you take the SAT a lot of times, but your score increases each time, do colleges get pissed off?

By Falcoboy77 (Falcoboy77) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

When I was using the Barron's book for SAT I, I was getting in the 1200 - 1250 range. They go way over-prep on the math. On the actual SAT I got 680M 620V for a 1300. In the Kaplan book I was getting 1250-1370!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page