Advice for retaking the SAT I/SAT II Subject Tests

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Advice for retaking the SAT I/SAT II Subject Tests
By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:15 am: Edit

If you want to improve your score on the SAT I or II, mention your name and registration number so I can change the grades in the computer.

Actually, it is beyond my office of authority to do that -- however, I can offer advice for retaking the test(s).

By Aerofc17 (Aerofc17) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:46 am: Edit

I have taken the SAT I once and got 1400 and taken three SAT II's and got an average of 730. With excellent GPA and good EC's do u think I need to retake either SAT I or II to get in early to Cornell Arts and Sciences? I plan on re-taking math iiC, but should I should I study to try and raise my SAT I?

By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:52 am: Edit

Generally, a score of 1400 or above is sufficient for most Ivy League colleges, as long as you demonstrate leadership qualities, community services, involvement in National Honors Society, major accomplishments, etc.

If you feel that you can study between now and the fall of 2004 and dramatically improve your score, then go right ahead.

What exactly are you majoring in at Cornell? Also, what subject tests did you take and what were their scores? I would greatly appreciate the answers to these questions so I can further assist you in deciding whether or not to take the subject tests again.

By Jangel86 (Jangel86) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 11:52 am: Edit

I have a 1520 SAT I, which I was not planning on retaking. For SAT II tests, I have a 780 writing, 730 Bio-M, and a 650 Spanish. If I want to minor or have as one of my double majors Spanish/Latin American Studies, should I retake the Spanish test if I feel I can do much better on it?

How important for colleges are SAT II's anyways? I've always heard that they really are only for placement.

By Jprencipe (Jprencipe) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:03 pm: Edit

I'd really like to go to Yale, my scores are:

SAT I Math: 730
SAT I Verbal: 790
SAT II US History: 790
SAT II Math IIC: 800
SAT II Physics: 800

I'm planning on taking the SAT II Writing and the SAT II Chemistry in October. I don't think I can take the SAT I's again. Do you think it would be advisable?

I'm a straight A student in HS, with all honors and AP classes as of Junior Year. I'm also advanced in Math, English, and History.

I have lots of awards in science and music. I've been playing the piano and cello for ten and six years respectively. I do regular community service, and have some leadership (served in student council). I teach tennis and am on a private club team.

I'm a stock market trader and generally a pretty interesting person (not sure how to put my financial activities on the application). I also think a big strength will be my recommendations and essays.

What do you think?

Joey

By Gostanford (Gostanford) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 03:04 pm: Edit

SAT I: 1510
M: 760
V: 750
SAT II's:
Math IC: 800
Writing: 800
Physics: 650
i am planning on taking math iic which im pretty sure i can do well on. should i take physics again in addition to math iic or screw physics and just take the math?
thanks etsrep

By Michael_Pham (Michael_Pham) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:23 pm: Edit

I wanna go into the medical field, probably attend Stanford or Duke, possibly John Hopkins.

I'm a rising sophmore.
Current SAT
Math-660
Verbal-560

Any tips to improve, especially on verbal?
And maybe tips to start studying for the new SAT

And any advice on SAT II's for future reference would be helpful

By Attitudica (Attitudica) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:30 pm: Edit

I have take SAT 1 thrice, best score 1320 (630 V, 690 M)... However I feel I didnt do upto my level, and i have 3 months of holidays to work on it. Should I retake it? Also I have 710 in IIC, and I have two more SAT II`s to take, should I retake the SAT II aswell? I have uptil nov to catch up for the EA!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page