Georgetown Reach -- Retake SAT II?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Georgetown Reach -- Retake SAT II?
By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Writing - 780
US History - 700
World History - 740

Trying to enter in as a major of Int'l Politics.

Could I get into Georgetown with these SAT IIs?

By Aoe2guy (Aoe2guy) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:46 am: Edit

I personally think that participation in some debate club and achievements in the field would be more important than SAT II scores for Int'l politics. If you do have some time to retake, I'd try to do better on US History just so you stay on the safe side in terms of qualifying scores for candidacy.

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 11:52 am: Edit

I have plenty of achievements in the field, as well as Presidency and senior positions at a lot of organizations. I just wanted to know the SAT qualifiers. :P

By Shortcakefairy (Shortcakefairy) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Tlkatan I'm also extremely interested in Int'l Politics and in Georgetown!

Don't worry too much about SAT IIs, it (their "prospectus" book) says (for early action in particular) include the SAT II tests, IF you took them. It doesn't say, you HAVE to have taken them... but either way those scores can only help you...

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:41 pm: Edit

My ECs will hopefully make up for a lousy SAT I (which I will retake) and a mediocre GPA. I've met and discussed politics with more politicians then I can count and hopefully, get one from one of them.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page