So...what are SAT II's used for...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: So...what are SAT II's used for...
By Va10s (Va10s) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:51 pm: Edit

So I took them, and sucked it up on them...
got a 590 on math, 620 on chem, and 670 on writing. But the thing is...I'm valedictorian and have good SAT scores...so are the stupid SAT II's really going to hurt me? What are they used for anyway, I thought they were just placement!

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Seriously. Tell me, I'm wondering about that too. My SAT I score is great (1540) but my SAT II scores are "solid to modest" according to those admissions guides books out there: Korean 780, Writing 710, IIC 690, Physics 670, World 650, Lit 660. What should I do? Isn't 6 SAT II subjects a bit too much? Should I just hope for the best and apply for an Ivy and focus just on the essays? Help! I am freaking out here.

By Joshjmgs (Joshjmgs) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

If you look up a college on collegeboard.com, it says what the colleges uses SAT IIs for.

By Irock1ce (Irock1ce) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:54 pm: Edit

focus on 3.. writing, math and one of your choice. and get the over 700. and ull be fine.

By Michael_Pham (Michael_Pham) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

If a person gets near perfect on 3, should they try and test on more?
Any advantage for college admission?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page