Should I...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Should I...
By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Should I retake either of these tests?

U.S History- 770
Writing- 740

Now, I didn't study for writing at all. The only thing I did was take a practice in Barron's book, and I bombed it. I was expecting to bomb writing. U.S History, I crammed for the night before. Is it worth it to retake either?

My reach school right now is Washington U. in St. Louis. Is it worth retakes in each of them or either of them?

By Apchemreject (Apchemreject) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:25 pm: Edit

For Wash U, those scores are good enough. My friend got in with 710 and 700 in Math IIC and Writing. Unless you want to raise the 740 for a better shot..

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:31 pm: Edit

Thanks APchemdude, anyone else? My grades have been A's and B's, besides freshman year when I did really badly. Also, I got a C my 1st qtr of AP english (really tough teacher) but made up for it with an A- the next qtr and a B+ the one after that (A- or B+ for last qtr, dont know yet.) I also got two C- my last qtrs in geometry and spanish during sophomore year (damn spanish teacher seriously didnt do grades- he looked at test scores and guessed- a teacher told me this). I took the toughest classes offered at my school, and my school is urban and pretty crappy.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:40 pm: Edit

bump

By Jangel86 (Jangel86) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:53 pm: Edit

Those scores are fine! Don't waste the time studying or the money. Plus, that's one less Saturday that you have to wake up way to early!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page