Torn: Taking SAT II three times

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Torn: Taking SAT II three times
By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

I'm not a very good bio person...science in general I guess.

First time basically took it cold. Decent, but not good enough.

Second time I had a year of IB bio, still translated into half of the material needed, not that colleges will know/care...only 30 points better.

So, would it be super bad to retake it AGAIN? I don't like taking these tests, but since I'll have to take Math IIC anyways...or should I just submit writing, math, and literature? I know that they prefer science as the third test though. :-(

By Phantom (Phantom) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:48 pm: Edit

It's not true that colleges prefer a science as the third one (although in some cases that's true). If you're going into the humanities, for example, then literature as your third would make more sense than science. Unless your science is really really bad, I think you can stick with what you have. I sincerely hope that taking a SAT II a third time is not bad, however, since I'll be taking writing for my third time in the fall.

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:53 pm: Edit

thanks! I'm afraid that it'll look bad and also I'm not sure if I can do better, because I always make stupid mistakes for bio. Maybe I should try physics, but IB physics at my school is distributed even worse over the two years: waves, optics, measurements, electricity and magnetism junior year, then mechanics, atomic and nuclear and astro physics senior. we're supposed to go more into depth because it covers more time, but the SAT IIs seem to be more about breadth.

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

anyone else take them more than twice? or planning to?

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:08 pm: Edit

Not more than twice, but now that I did bad on physics I need to retake that...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page