Final Stats and Decision to Retake

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Final Stats and Decision to Retake
By Kevinkleinz (Kevinkleinz) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:25 pm: Edit

SAT I Math: 800
SAT I Verbal: 760
SAT II Math IIC: 800
SAT II Writing: 800
SAT II Physics: 770

Does it REALLY matter THAT much that physics and verbal aren't 800s? If I intend to apply to Harvard EA, should I retake the SAT or SAT II Physics?

Or should I just shut up, be happy with my stats, and move on?

Thanks.

By Dwerbowy (Dwerbowy) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

I would go with the latter and put your emphsis on other areas such EC but thats what I would do as for you,if you honestly feel you can do better then go for it.

By Dwerbowy (Dwerbowy) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

I would go with the latter and put your emphsis on other areas such EC but thats what I would do as for you,if you honestly feel you can do better then go for it.

By Vermicelli (Vermicelli) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

For me, I'd go with the second choice. But that's just me.

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:04 pm: Edit

Shut up. Said in the nicest possible way, of course. :)

Seriously, your stats are great. Don't stress.

By Jprencipe (Jprencipe) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

Test scores only get you to a certain point. You are at that point. Higher test scores are not going to improve your odds, and you could even drop - which would look awful with such stats.

Joey

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Good lord, it's all perfect. You should be gleaming with joy.

By Jangel86 (Jangel86) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

I agree... Having all of your scores be 800's won't do that much for your admissions decision anyways. Focus on EC's, community service, and keeping your grades up.

By Adidasty (Adidasty) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit

Hey, right now I have a 1320 SAT I (690M 630V) and for SAT II's I have an 800 Molecular Biology and a 700 for Math IIC. I want to go to UC Berkeley, Stanford, or Caltech. I know I can retake the SAT I and get an 800 Math, as well as retake Math IIC and get an 800 (I just ran out of time this time). Am I on the right track for these colleges?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page