Why is my math score so LOW?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Why is my math score so LOW?
By Whtx (Whtx) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:13 pm: Edit

WHy is my math score so fu cking low. I took the test both times and got 700 both times. Before the june test, i made a specific point to tell myself to check for careless mistakes. I stressed that a billion times.

Somehow i got the same fu cking score as last time. so depressing

By Futurepres (Futurepres) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:16 pm: Edit

Why is my Verbal so low? I can get a 780 on Math but can't get over 660 on Verbal!

By Platinumtlc (Platinumtlc) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:17 pm: Edit

I can't even get passed 550 in MATH UGH.

By Whtx (Whtx) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:21 pm: Edit

your verbal is so low because you dont know the vocabs and your reading comprehension is bad. I only got 680 verbal but i know that its not because of reading comp. i am positive i got less than 3 wrong on that. if you want higher verbal just study the vocals more.

If you cant even pass 550 in math that means you dont know the math material. Study harder in school and review all the topics in the prep books.

By Futurepres (Futurepres) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:28 pm: Edit

eh, I'd rather watch TV than read a book. I guess I'll just stick with my 660.

By Member1203 (Member1203) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:50 pm: Edit

Why is my math so F'in low also! i thought it was extremely easy get that junk back 550 ..took one in march 570..i thought for shore i broke 600 this time curve had to be real tough..i want to see the TEST booklet..

By Sagar_Indurkhya (Sagar_Indurkhya) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

If your math is low, here is why:

A) You didn't answer the questions correctly.
B) You ommited a question.
C) You didn't answer enough questions correctly

If your verbal is low, here is why:

A) You didn't answer the questions correctly.
B) You ommited a question.
C) You didn't answer enough questions correctly

By Taylor6465 (Taylor6465) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 11:46 pm: Edit

YOU KNOW WHAT!!!! You people need to get over yourselves. "OH MY GOD!!!! I only got 700 on my math!" Shut your face and be grateful the best you can do isn't 630.

By Adidasty (Adidasty) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 11:54 am: Edit

Hey Taylor. It's not that we don't know a 700 is good. On SAT I for math, its 94%-ile! That's really good! The problem we have with it is that we are getting 700's and only missing 4 or 5 questions, and they tend to just be the last question in each section and so it becomes very annoying to keep getting the scores like 690/700/710 when you KNOW that if you just think a little bit and open your brain, you can get 2 more right and get a 760/770 and one more after that, almost an 800. Furstrating man, frustrating.

By Suneel112 (Suneel112) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 03:11 pm: Edit

i'm pissed too. I will be taking multivariate (271, for those going to purdue) and diff eqs (272) my senior year, but i still only got a 7 focking 50 on my math. I guess its been a while since 8th grade.
One thing I learned in my two times (yes it took me two times to learn this) is that you have to review math skills. yes. get out a kaplan book and review the math section. do TONS of practice math probs. Since I'm not so hot in verbal (710), I HAVE to get an 800 on math to get a 1500+. I hope a 1460 is good enough for MIT.

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 09:35 pm: Edit

Whtx, go question by question. Check the answer right after doing it, but don't waste too much time. Just make sure you did what you meant to do. And, you say that 700 is so low. What the hell is wrong with this entire board?????? On SAT I math, 700 is virtually the same as an 800. I got 700 on a practice, and then got 800 on the real thing. Learn to not disown an excellent score just because it doesn't look perfect.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page