Which SAT IIs do colleges see?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Which SAT IIs do colleges see?
By Girlx (Girlx) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:03 pm: Edit

Do colleges see all the SAT II scores you've ever gotten and take them all into consideration? Or do they just see your best three and just take those into consideration? If so, whatever the answer, would it benefit me to have taken five SAT IIs in all?

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:14 pm: Edit

They see all and know all, but most colleges only take the best 3, and a lot of them require IIC and Writing.

By Vermicelli (Vermicelli) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

If you take the new SAT you don't need writing SAT II, right?

By Seahorsekid (Seahorsekid) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit

I do not believe that many colleges require you to take IIc unless you are planning on going to school either for math or for engineering. The new SAT will have a writing section on it, and colleges will require an SAT score and three SAT 2s, but writing does not have to be one of them. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone!

By Dwerbowy (Dwerbowy) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:27 pm: Edit

i thought colleges cared more about IIC than IC
but i'm no expdert on this topic either

By Vermicelli (Vermicelli) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:30 pm: Edit

The best thing to do is check with the college. I'm pretty sure a Math SAT II is required for any school that requires 3 SAT IIs.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page