Hand Scoring?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Hand Scoring?
By Redbarn (Redbarn) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit

If you hand score the SAT I, do they look at the numbers written above the student grid-in answers? I just got my May question and answer service back and apparently I had two "unscorable" answers in the grid-in section. Does anyone have any prior experience with hand scoring, particularly in the grid-in section?

By Monoe (Monoe) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

No prior experience, but I believe that those numbers you write in are for that purpose exactly, and that when they rescore it, that's what they look at exclusively. (Why else would they have it? Machines can't read that.)

By Redbarn (Redbarn) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit

But when I called in, they said that they don't even look in those boxes. It sucks because I got those answers right, too.

By Redbarn (Redbarn) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:10 pm: Edit

bump

By Redbarn (Redbarn) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:28 pm: Edit

buuuuump

By Ilcapo (Ilcapo) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:36 pm: Edit

On my March score report I had one grid in question labeled "unscorable", I payed for the hand scoring about 3 weeks ago so I will hear soon. I know that I got it right (it was the 1/3 question)

I'll keep you posted

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

Question --- when they ask for registration number, what if you don't have it? Where can you find your registration number out?

By Sirhcv (Sirhcv) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

numbers WRITTEN in the boxes will not count.. The concerns arise form the fact that a student vacilating over two answer choices could bubble in one, then write the other one in. If he gets it wrong he asks for it to be hand scored and claims he just "missed the bubbles". I doubt many would do this but its a concern, and the reason why they're not counted. However if a improper erasure mark cause'd it to be read unscorable, then those can be corrected.

By Redbarn (Redbarn) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

So what's the point of even writing in the answers?

By Snappy987 (Snappy987) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

"So what's the point of even writing in the answers?"
It's pretty much for your own purposes. It's easier to not make a mistake bubbling in the answers when you have the answer right above it. You don't have to fill those out.

By Ilcapo (Ilcapo) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 01:11 am: Edit

when i called, they told me they look in the box and see if they link to a reasonable extent.

also make sure to fax your signature or they will call you every day to ask for it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page