Do you think anyone's ever killed themselves...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Do you think anyone's ever killed themselves...
By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:20 pm: Edit

over a bad SAT score?

I'm not suicidal but if my writing score comes out later today and it's like 500 i'm not sure how i'd handle it. I wouldn't kill myself but i'd be depressed. What do you all think?

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:22 pm: Edit

hmmm well.....it would be kinda sad if people took these things so seriously that they would end their life because they did badly....

in phoenix 2 people committed suicide because their everquest characters died....so umm u never know. there are weird people out there

By Unluckycharms (Unluckycharms) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:38 pm: Edit

"in phoenix 2 people committed suicide because their everquest characters died....so umm u never know. there are weird people out there"

Where'd you hear this? It doesn't make sense, because in EverQuest your characters never permanently die.

By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

my score still isn't up...it just says "registered"

so nervous that i'll tank it :(

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:59 pm: Edit

I am going to. I didn't break 730 on any of my SAT2s even though I am good at the subjects that I tested in (writing, math, chem). I didn't work fast enough. I don't know what hurt me on the writing (670).

By Bluealien01 (Bluealien01) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 04:38 pm: Edit

Why would anyone do that? I did horrible on the SAT and I have a 3.88 overall GPA in college. So, the dumb test proves nothing. Except the fact that I never finished the test since I am really slow. I think that no time limit should exist.

By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

"Why would anyone do that? I did horrible on the SAT and I have a 3.88 overall GPA in college. So, the dumb test proves nothing. Except the fact that I never finished the test since I am really slow. I think that no time limit should exist. "

yea Bluealien but where do you go to college?

By Bluealien01 (Bluealien01) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 04:50 pm: Edit

NCSU

Did not study for SAT either. I did not care about school all that much back then. There is a point where people just get burnt out and cannot handle it anymore. I'm starting to reach that point again, but that's another story....

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:14 pm: Edit

"in phoenix 2 people committed suicide because their everquest characters died"

On that note i also heard of a guy who commited suicide because his Everquest character's girlfriend "broke-up" with him online.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page