AP English Format

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: AP English Format
By Greendelight (Greendelight) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 02:08 pm: Edit

What's the testing format for AP language composition? and what kind of questions will appear in the multiple choice part?
i heart people said that we need to know a lot of poem. is that true? or is it kinda like SAT I critical thinking section?

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 02:15 pm: Edit

AP Lang has no poetry.

Multiple choice resembles an SAT I critical reading, but goes far more indepth. You have to understand the author's purpose, and the rhetorical strategies/techniques he/she uses. It's not so tricky though, once you know the all the literary terms for stuff.

Essays are both persuasive and analytical.

This isn't the best description... I'd head over to collegeboard.com and download the AP summary pdf.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 02:46 pm: Edit

There are, I believe, 5 or 6 passages with questions that go pretty in depth, like Just Forget Me said. There are two analytical essays where you analyze a passage based on rhetorical strategies and whatnot. Then third essay is a argument where you usually argue a quote...this year it was a bit different. No poetry, unless it's in the argumentative prompt. Poetry is needed in the Literature test.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page