SAT II LITERATURE BOOK?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II LITERATURE BOOK?
By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:34 pm: Edit

What's the best book to use for SAT II literature? Are they all basically the same? Does it really matter? I have some background in analytical literature (took AP Lang), so.. I dunno. I just basically need a book to review, I guess. And to teach me how to analyze poetry.

By Jess13 (Jess13) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:58 pm: Edit

it was harder than AP language!! I took them within a couple days of each other. It's not that bad, truly, but I found all the books to be unreasonable and wayy too difficult (I used Kaplan and Barron's -- kinda skimmed them and took a few tests each) As long as you review what to look for, there really isn't thatmuch else to look as so much of it's interpretation.

By Isabella (Isabella) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 12:59 am: Edit

I have Cracking the SAT II Lit & Writing (or Writing & Lit, I dunno) and thought it was very good.

Analyzing poetry is tough sometimes, but the Cracking book has some good tips for that.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page