2 CB Accounts

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: 2 CB Accounts
By Cognitio (Cognitio) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

So, I signed up and took the SAT 1 through collegeboard.com, then promptly forgot my password when it came time for registering for the SAT IIs. Being the lazy bugger that I am, instead of contacting CB I simply created a new account and registered for SAT IIs with that. I thought it wouldn't matter if I spelled my name the same way, but of course, I wrote my name slightly differently in each (wrote out my middle name in one, wrote the initial only in another or something along those lines). So now, I have two accounts, one with an SAT II writing score and one with an SAT I score. Now, obviously, what I *should* do is call "the board" and get this situation rectified, but what just occured to me is that hypothetically, I could pick and choose which scores to send to colleges since I have 2 different accounts, right? Hmm, devious.

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

i was thinking about doing the same thing..but what about one's SSN?

By Cognitio (Cognitio) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:11 pm: Edit

I didn't give it. I don't actually have scores that I want to hide, nor do I think I'd do it if I actually did want to hide my scores, but now that's it's been done, I'm intrigued :)

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit

You don't ahve to put your social if you dont choose to.

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:14 pm: Edit

YOU DON'T? SO YOU CAN THEORETICALLY create a new account? but i already spelled my name correctly though.

By Member1203 (Member1203) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:14 pm: Edit

Wait so if u want to hide your scores of a previous SAT you could do so by making a new account?

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

do we have to change our addresses so we can provide a new one (move residence)

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

i seriously wouldn't mind moving to get a new account, that is if i had to

By Strider (Strider) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

I dont think so...cuz i did the same thing the OP did b/c i was lazy and i forgot my password...but a few month later my Chinese score, which was registered under the old account, appeared on my new account

By Cognitio (Cognitio) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Ah so maybe they check it periodically or something, its only been about a month for me. Interesting, though. :)

By Helios (Helios) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 12:05 am: Edit

We can do that? I really don't mind losing the record of my scores so far and starting off on a clean slate.

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 12:08 am: Edit

are score up? my thing wont log in

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page