By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

Yes. Too hard. *Cries a little as grade goes down the tube*

By Casablanca (Casablanca) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:01 pm: Edit

i didnt think it was too hard.
what did you guys have a problem with?

By Jess13 (Jess13) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:03 pm: Edit

what answers did you get casablanca?

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:17 pm: Edit

Yeah I'm still wondering about the Doppler Effect Question. Also the one about the sound bell in a jar and the air being removed. And what about the acceleration/time graph?

By Jess13 (Jess13) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:19 pm: Edit

and the current v. potential difference graph in part C....and so many other questions

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

Jess-

I just looked at your homepage and you sound so much like me! We have all the same stupid regents finals too- the only difference is that my Math (non-regents) final was the freaking most ridiculous test ever. Anyway good luck with everything!

Lauren

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

The bell in the jar one is that sound cannot travel in a vacuum

The acceleration/time graph should be (D) The straight horizontal line. Acceleration doesnt change due to time, only distance and velocity under acceleration.

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Alright. Maybe I didn't do so bad then! Hmm what else...

The one about the car going around the track. Did you have to find distance using the circumference of a circle formula? Also, was the force direct inwards?

By Dliebers (Dliebers) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:34 pm: Edit

I pwned it.

By Netmet (Netmet) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

Force was inwards...Yes, you needed to find circumfrence...Doppler effect question, I think it was move with constant velocity towards the source, but I'm not 100 percent sure

By Jess13 (Jess13) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

Lauren-
very cool! sorry about your math final -- my teacher was nice and gave a fair test for the first time all year! I'm being so lazy right now, I almost can't believe there's nothing to do....but worry of course :) good luck to you too!

tired student- what about the graph in part C of current vs. potential difference? and also, the question about the fields around the charges? and how'd you do the question where you had to figure out the energy to recharging the electrons in 1.5 volt cell?

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

Awesome. Thank you!

By Cleanfreak (Cleanfreak) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:41 pm: Edit

net meg, i got the same answers as u

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Oh yeah- another question.

The one where the electron was moving up to the left and it asked the direction of hte field. (AB, BA, CD, DC) I think. Anyone remember?

By Netmet (Netmet) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

Lauren---I think I put DC (whatever was the letters that went with moving from top to bottom) because the electron was going from c to d, meaning d was positive....so the electric field (with postive test charges) would be repelled by d and attracted to c...thus, moving from d to c....do I have confirmation that that is the correct answer?

By Cleanfreak (Cleanfreak) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:49 pm: Edit

yes

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:57 pm: Edit

What about the one with a horizontal and vertical velocity and a time of 5 seconds and they asked you to find the horizontal distance?

By Netmet (Netmet) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:01 pm: Edit

That one I think was just 15 times five and the answer was 75 meters. anyone else get that?

By Whtx (Whtx) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:14 pm: Edit

lets post up more answers guys. how many questions do you got to get wrong to fail the thing?

By Jess13 (Jess13) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

wait it was DC? I think I put that it was going from top to bottom...I got 75 for that one too....there were so many I was unsure of!

By Curiousstudent (Curiousstudent) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:28 pm: Edit

my friend wants to know the answer to the one with the girl jumping for a rebound?

Also, Tired Student, Which was the question for acceleration versus time?

I guess I'm lucky to be from New Jersey so I dont have to take this test. lol

By Jess13 (Jess13) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:39 pm: Edit

i got .78 for the girl jumping.....i think he said that the acceleration vs. time graph was the straight line ( I got that too)

By Valk78 (Valk78) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 09:22 pm: Edit

lol the worst was that part II question with the car stepping on brakes and skidding 16 meters... you had to find the friction, acceleration, and everything... that questioned ate me alive

By Nancy0223 (Nancy0223) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

I have the answer to that question; I'm sure everyone who took physics knows how to do the first two parts, the answer to the last one is set the equation for kinetic energy equal to the work you got from the previous question. Figure out the velocity from there.
Test wasn't that hard, but I hate all the regents.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page