SAT II Prep Books

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II Prep Books
By Mustangqb11 (Mustangqb11) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 11:35 pm: Edit

What are the best prep books for the SAT II U.S. History, World History, and Biology? Any help would be much appreciated!

By Over30 (Over30) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

My son found the free online Sparknotes useful for review. I think there was a practice test there as well. He checked the Cliffs notes Biology book out of the library and looked over that. He also took a couple of Barron's tests and the test questions on the collegeboard site. There was a lot of stuff that wasn't covered in his honors biology class, so he had to learn a lot on his own, and thought the above prepared him. Hasn't gotten his scores back yet.

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 12:36 am: Edit

for biology the must haves are:

Kaplan
Cliffs AP biology

and if you time, Barrons, although some dont' like it much.

do everything, which includes all the practice tests you can find, you will need it, especially because the test is not an easy test.

By Mustangqb11 (Mustangqb11) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 05:53 pm: Edit

Alright, any thoughts for US History or World History? Are Sparknotes the all-around best bet, or are Barron's very good as well?

By Mustangqb11 (Mustangqb11) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:04 pm: Edit

bump

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:06 pm: Edit

Hey get 10 real for US and World. They are both in one book.

Reply if you need more info.

By Mustangqb11 (Mustangqb11) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 03:18 pm: Edit

Alright, that sounds like a plan.

By Hellyea80 (Hellyea80) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:19 pm: Edit

Titanz, where did you get the 10 real from? On Amazon, it says that it hasnt come out yet.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

What about 2C? I've heard Barrons overpreps you (which I think is good as long as it covers all the stuff on the test - plus I'll be in calc AB and have taken a pre-calc before taking the test too). I also hear Grubers is good, but I've never used any of their books. Generally, I like the Barrons books (I have their writing one which I plan to practice over the summer too). Thanks.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page