What's the difference between AP USH and SAT II history?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: What's the difference between AP USH and SAT II history?
By Mimi (Mimi) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 08:34 pm: Edit

??

By Neelesh (Neelesh) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 08:36 pm: Edit

not a whole lot. Basicaly, they are the same, but the SAT II is the same thing as the AP multiple choice questions, and the SAT II has no essay. also, i heard that the SAT II has more questions on recent stuff like clinton, and stuff.

By Jess13 (Jess13) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

that's not true at all. the sat II is a lotttt easier than the AP multiple choice. but there is far more recent material, as Neelesh said, on the sat II, whereas the AP stops with Reagan

By Flameball63 (Flameball63) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 12:10 am: Edit

Ummm. Actually, AP is easier (took em both, this is what I think). AP is a lot more focused, while SATII history is like kinda abstract and asks for the "general" themes...AP is more down to earth facts...this is what I think though.

By Afay05 (Afay05) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 02:26 am: Edit

I agree with Flameball. The SAT II asks questions on concepts, while the AP seems to have more questions on specific facts. IMHO, the SAT II was harder because the broad questions make it harder to narrow it down to 2-3 answers. In many cases on the AP you could eliminate a few answers that clearly had no relation to the topic.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page