Retaking SAT for Presidential Scholar

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Retaking SAT for Presidential Scholar
By Modestmouse (Modestmouse) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

I have a 1550, and I think it's absolutely FINE for admissions purposes. See, I really want to go for Presidential Scholar, because no one from my school has ever even qualified for the first round of Presidential Scholar... I think in October, if I'm careful, I can hit 1600, or at least 1590(which would probably qualify me since I'm a girl.) I'm not too concerned with "the opinion of the adcom" like everyone else is on these retake questions, because I'm not retaking the test for them, I'm retaking it in an effort to bring some pride to my school... Now what do I have to do to increase 50 points(just on verbal)? By the way, I've exhausted 10 Real Sats, so I also need extra practice tests...

By Akid4 (Akid4) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 05:41 pm: Edit

Did you miss more analogies or reading last time?

By Modestmouse (Modestmouse) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Reading...

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

u can try taking ACTs as well. its easier to be a presidential scholar qualifier with the ACT since u only need a 33. but this years presidential scholarship, 1540s qualified so u dont have to worry. the cut off is different every year

By Akid4 (Akid4) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

I'd just read. Kaplan's SAT/PSAT book has 3 tests, but I'm not sure if its worth it for just the reading. There's also a Kaplan CD-ROM that provides 4 practice test along with a bunch of other individual verbal sections. The reading questions depend on your ability to comprehend each individual passage, so maybe if you take it again you'll get passages you understand better.

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

How do you become a Presidential Scholar? I thought it was just for individual schools, or is it in the entire nation?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page