Retaking an SAT, -> getting a LOWER score?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Retaking an SAT, -> getting a LOWER score?
By Calidan (Calidan) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 12:48 pm: Edit

I have a question for everyone: does it look really bad if you retake an SAT and then score lower? Or will they just look at your first one? Thanks!

By Masihshinwa (Masihshinwa) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 01:29 pm: Edit

Although most colleges look at your highest scores, still getting low score after a retake looks bad. However you can make it look good after retaking it once more and getting a good score.

By Calidan (Calidan) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

bump...

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 10:11 pm: Edit

it depends, if you get a lower score overall compared to a lower score in one section, overall i think it looks bad but in one section its not as bad as long as you score higher in another section to balance it out...

By Isabella (Isabella) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 10:29 pm: Edit

Depends on how much worse you did. Did you study both sections between retakes, or just the one you didn't do so hot on the first time? If you blew it the second time, you can always retake again - sometimes you just have a bad day. But if you have to take it a third time, make sure you're as prepared as possible!

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 11:28 pm: Edit

What if you went down 50 points in verbal the second time but up 50 points in math, so the net change is 0?

Lol, because that's what happened to me.

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

I went up 80 in math (720-800), and down 70 in verbal (590-520)

By Bboy_Skinnylegs (Bboy_Skinnylegs) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

I went down 60 in math (740-680), and up 150 in verbal (620-770).

By Calidan (Calidan) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Well, I just got a pretty high score in May, but I would like to get a 1450 or above. This was my second time taking it. I'm just scared that I was just lucky that day, and that my score will just go down if I take it another time. Any thoughts?

By Feuler (Feuler) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:59 pm: Edit

If your score goes down the second time, the FBI will come to your house, rough up your mother, arrest you, sow salt into your garden, and shoot your dog. Oh yeah, and they'll send your name to a national blacklist preventing you from ever going to college. EVER.

By Physicskid123 (Physicskid123) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:48 pm: Edit

Bboy~ What did you do to improve 150 in verbal?

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

Well I certainly had issues with the math section my second SAT...I went down 100 on the math, although my verbal did go up a whopping 40 points. Man that's going to look terrible.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page