ACT used in place of SAT II's ?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: ACT used in place of SAT II's ?
By Valk78 (Valk78) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 10:39 pm: Edit

I know the ACT can be used in place of the SAT I... but i heard it can also be used in place of SAT II's ? is this true? how does the scoring equivalent work ?

By Neelg01 (Neelg01) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

I dont think you can use ACT to substitute SAT II's

By Needhelp06 (Needhelp06) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

i doubt that the act can be used in place of sat ii's. The sat ii's test specialization in a certain subject while the act is used to see your general ability to solve high school math, science, and english/reading questions. if they are interchangable i would be very much surprised.

By Bfjava (Bfjava) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

Not sure how the scoring changes over, but yes it can substitute depending on the college. For example, I know you can submit the ACT to Hopkins rather than the SAT I and 3 SAT IIs.

By Madd87 (Madd87) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

Bfjava is correct.

By Over30 (Over30) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 11:23 pm: Edit

Don't ask me which ones because I can't tell you, but I seem to remember there are several schools that will take ACT in place of both SAT I and II. Check with the individual schoools.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:16 am: Edit

Though I do not know them all, among those that usually require SAT II's but will instead take the ACT in lieu of both the SAT and SAT II's are Yale, Penn, Brown, Hopkins, Duke, Tufts, Amherst, Boston College, Vassar, Wellesley, Wesleyan, Brandeis, Trinity (Conn), Pomona.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page