Who would have it better???!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Who would have it better???!!
By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 01:17 am: Edit

I'm going to do a variant on the "which would you rather have thread"......anyways....which candidate would colleges rather have...

School Information: School does not weigh GPA...so ranks are based on UW GPA.

EC and SAT I wise both candidates have about the same level.

Candidate A: Averages about 730 on SAT II's...has a 4.0 UW GPA and is ranked #1 out of 400. Took about 3 AP's up to junior year. Will take no courses at colleges during senior year. Will be valevictorian.

Candidate B: Averages about 800 on SAT II's...has a 3.91 UW GPA and is ranked #42 out of 400. Took about 5 AP's up to junior year. Will take 10-15 credits each quarter during his senior year at the local community college, which may further weaken his GPA...since the college professors grade harder than AP/hrns. high school teachers.

Which candidate do you think colleges would like more?

By Stanfordman99 (Stanfordman99) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 01:42 am: Edit

Sad, but I'll take the valedictorian.

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 01:57 am: Edit

I should add that candidate B got two B's and an A-....everything else were A's....in fact...he if he change those B's and A- to A's...he would be ranked #1. Also....candidate B took harder classes than candidate A.

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 02:00 am: Edit

Candidate B

By Jangel86 (Jangel86) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 06:16 pm: Edit

I'd pick B

By R2005 (R2005) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 06:36 pm: Edit

I don't really like either. If B was in top 20, I'd like him much more.

But between the two, I'd have to say B.

;-)

By Kewlkiwi102 (Kewlkiwi102) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 06:37 pm: Edit

Thermodude, you know you are really smart. You dont need people on CC to tell you that. I would pick B.
I love these "hypothetical" situations.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page