Advanced Placement Questions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Advanced Placement Questions
By Phoenix1 (Phoenix1) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 11:37 pm: Edit

I'm a Sophomore right now in Canada. Here's my Advanced Placement courses for next year.

1. Calculus BC (In school, I'm taking Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra over the summer, so a sleeper, bought the Princeton Review book nontheless)
2. Biology (In school, but bought the Kaplan and Princeton Review)
3. United States History (In school, I bought the Cracking the AP US History book by Princeton Review and the REA book with CD)
4. European History (Independent, I bought the APCD, Cracking the AP US History, and I'm getting a textbook from my school which offers the course)
5. Chemistry (Independent, I bought the Kaplan and Princeton Review books for Chemistry, but I'm also taking the Grade 12 course, whcih is the only one offered, at my school)
6. Physics C (Independent, taking the grade 11 course, but my calculus should help me out here. I bought the Barrons and Princeton Review)

Any other books that you could recommend?

In addition, for SAT II's, which books would you recommend for SAT II Writing?

I think I've got the sciences and Math basically covered.

Note: I'm in Canada.

By Phoenix1 (Phoenix1) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 11:46 pm: Edit

Bump. :)

By Rbc13 (Rbc13) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

Those sure are a lot of books that you plan to read over the year, and that isn't much fun. If you are going to your classes, then you really shouldn't need these books. Don't go crazy with the idea that you need books for every subject, and remember there are your textbooks as well.

By Ecnerwalc (Ecnerwalc) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:56 am: Edit

I recommend "Chemistry: the central science" for AP chem and sat ii chem if you take it.

By Number9 (Number9) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 02:46 am: Edit

Phoenix - what book does your school use for APEuro?

Ill be buying one for my self-study soon, and have been looking at "A history of the modern world" by Palmer

By Welshie (Welshie) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Gah, I might be alone in this but I hate Palmer.

-Jesse

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page