I won't be getting my June SAT scores ever...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: I won't be getting my June SAT scores ever...
By Zbjz15 (Zbjz15) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:14 pm: Edit

The school lost everyones SATs. This sucks because I know I went up a lot, it was a lot easier than may. What should the school do to make this up to all the students? They claim they are looking for them and they still might show up. I am really pissed...

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:29 pm: Edit

how can they lose soo many answer sheets?

By Zbjz15 (Zbjz15) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:32 pm: Edit

It all goes into one envelope and the envelope was lost/stolen.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 05:14 pm: Edit

ouch

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 05:29 pm: Edit

wow, and you don't get a refund?
that is not cool

By Delacroix (Delacroix) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

That really sucks. Sorry about this. You should at least get some compensation, right??

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 09:05 pm: Edit

That totally blows man. I heard on the news that you can take a different version of the SAT, but I wonder how that works.

By Jrpar (Jrpar) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 08:17 am: Edit

From Westchester local TV station website:

Ardsley H.S. kids may have to re-take SAT's after results are lost

(06/10/04) ARDSLEY - Ardsley High School students who recently took the SAT's may have to re-take the test if district officials do not find the 123 missing scored answer sheets.
According to district officials, the envelope containing the scores was to be picked up Monday by Fed Ex but when the company arrived the envelope was gone.

Some students say knowing their test scores are lost will put a damper on their summer vacation. They also feel their hard work may have been in vain.

The superintendent of the Ardsley School District says he is hoping the envelope is found. If the test scores are definitely lost, it's unclear whether a re-test will be held for the students or if they will have to wait until the next scheduled SAT test date in October.

By Jenni87 (Jenni87) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 09:09 am: Edit

a similar thing happened to us too! except, we take GCSEs and they lost our Englsih exam papers.. so we got the predicted grades teachers gave us as our actual grades! hope they find ur tests soon!

By Monoe (Monoe) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Why can't you look online?

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Monoe: Huh, online? If they never found the answer sheets to send to CB, then CB could not grade it and put the scores online?

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

lmao monoe got served

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 07:34 am: Edit

Hey, they said they found the exams again! Surprisingly, ETS is accepting! It's on NYtimes.com :)

By Zbjz15 (Zbjz15) on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 09:02 am: Edit

Yea, they found them!!! I am so relieved I don't have to take them again.

By Jrpar (Jrpar) on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 10:08 am: Edit

Missing SAT exams found
By ALISON BERT
THE JOURNAL NEWS
(Original publication: June 12, 2004)

The missing package containing answer sheets from 123 SAT exams was found yesterday, four days after it disappeared from the district office of Ardsley schools.

The answer sheets were from the SAT I and II exams given June 5 at Ardsley High School. The 8-pound envelope they were in was missing Monday when the FedEx driver came to pick it up. School officials searched the premises and reported the loss to police and Educational Testing Service, which produces and scores the SAT for its publisher, the College Board.

The incident irked some students, who had worried that they would have to take a makeup test, with all the work and stress that involves.

The SAT I is a three-hour test that measures verbal and mathematical reasoning skills students have developed over time and those they need for college. Scores are used by about 80 percent of the nation's colleges as an admission criterion. Scores from the SAT II exams, which are in specific subjects, are often used as well by more-competitive colleges.

After reading yesterday's article in The Journal News about the missing parcel, a resident called the district office to say that he might have picked it up by mistake when he was there Monday, schools Superintendent Richard Maurer said. Maurer paid him a visit and verified that his package was indeed the one. The envelope was unopened.

ETS was planning to send a courier to the district yesterday to pick up the package.

"There probably shouldn't be any delay in processing the answer sheets for these students," said ETS spokesman Tom Ewing. He said the tests normally take about three weeks to grade, after which scores are sent to schools and individuals.

In an e-mail bulletin to district residents, Maurer wrote, "We all are relieved that the envelope has been returned, and the security has not been breached. The students worked very hard for this exam, and it would have been a tragedy if the answer sheets had been lost. We are grateful to the resident for coming forward."

"I feel very relieved and very grateful that it turned out this way," said school board President Joanne Sold, whose son took the SAT II in writing and chemistry. "We certainly learned and immediately changed procedures, so this certainly won't occur in the future."

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 01:23 am: Edit

It was mentioned on Conan! The joke was something like, "An SAT representative said that the thief is probably heading on a train west at 60 mph."

By Zbjz15 (Zbjz15) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 08:41 am: Edit

^^^Haha, that's awesome.

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 07:05 pm: Edit

yay!! what a happy story. you would really secure the movie rights to that one.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page