Any opinions good or bad on the new TI-84 ?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Any opinions good or bad on the new TI-84 ?
By Ctel (Ctel) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

How do you like this unit? I might consider the TI-89 but this calculator is not allowed for ACT.
I have reviewed many posting in regards to the different opinions concerning buying /using calculators. I don't see any post on the new releases from TI.

By Inneedofhelp (Inneedofhelp) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 01:13 am: Edit

That's because TI has yet to release the TI-84 Silver and the TI-89 Titanium to the public. It should be sometime this summer according to their site. At least this is what I've gathered.

I plan on getting the TI-89 Titanium since the TI-83 and TI-84 series aren't really designed for calculus courses. Also, I'm only taking College Board tests and they allow the TI-89 series.

By Infinity (Infinity) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 07:04 pm: Edit

Someone in my chem class brought in a 89 Titanium. I guess it's out already? btw, she doesn't seem like someone to get involved in illicit activities; that's why I am assuming it is available in stores.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page