Economics HELP

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Economics HELP
By Adjlad (Adjlad) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 06:21 pm: Edit

Economics
by Campbell R. McConnell, Stanley L. Brue

Does it matter what edition I get?

Is there a big difference between the 15th and 12th, or are they basically the same?

By Adjlad (Adjlad) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 06:31 pm: Edit

also, since im self studying, what would be the best test prep book to prepare along with the textbook?

By Paulhomework (Paulhomework) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 07:47 pm: Edit

I was in IB Econ last year and we used the 15th edition. I didn't like the book that much, because of the excessive explanations and some really advanced topics that won't be on the AP exam.
Regarding the test

I used Kaplan, and it was excellent. However, since you are self-studying, i think you would be better off with Barron's, which is more comprehensive.

By Htown1398 (Htown1398) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 11:18 pm: Edit

I'm taking IB Economics right now, and I feel that it as a mediocre book. Just as 'Paulhomework' said, it's explanations are often lengthy and not necessary because you could understand what the concept is in 5 sentences whereas the McConnell Brue text explains that same concept in a time consuming and annoying two pages. However, this is a good book for self learning. It has helped me keep my A in Economics the entire year. I hope it can do the same for you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page