Paying for AP Prep Books

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Paying for AP Prep Books
By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:18 pm: Edit

It seems as though everyone on this board buys their own books. Why is that? Can't you share with friends? And as a survey, how much do you spend per exam, on average? Me, I only spent 15 for Bio and APUSH and 5 bucks for AP Calc AB.

By Redr002 (Redr002) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:25 pm: Edit

My daughter bought several, but also checked out several from the local library. Don't forget about that free resource!

She has passed on a few books to her friends who are still in testing mode. Depending on June scores for SAT IIs, she hopes to be done with her testing.

For your survery, we've spent $300 for two SAT prep courses, and approx. $100 in books.

By Vanessa1378 (Vanessa1378) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:55 pm: Edit

I've found its better to buy prep books at a half-priced book store. Checking them out at the library is good too- except I like writing in my books.

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 04:48 pm: Edit

I spent $30 on prep books for AP Chem. I spent zero on AP Calc. So my average is $15.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 05:25 pm: Edit

If kids had brains or guts they would start a club in high school called "SAT: 1600" and have a pool of funds, buy books, compare answers, discover different methods to solve a problem, ask teachers, etc. Too bad I didn't start one in HS ... my score could have been way higher.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page