SATII books

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SATII books
By Number9 (Number9) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 02:26 pm: Edit

What are the best SATII review books for:

Writing (I have Barron's, is that good enough?)

Math IIC (Please note: I'm not too good at math, but I'll armed with my TI89 and extensive knowledge of it :P)

US History (I took AP this year, and I think I did really well on the test, but I did not cover the military history of any wars after the Civil War.)

By Cooldude (Cooldude) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 02:33 pm: Edit

Math IIC : Barron's is enough
US: ??
Writing: someone plz comment, i need to know this one too

By Number9 (Number9) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

bump!

US history?

By Chamonix (Chamonix) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:20 pm: Edit

Likewise, make sure get the 22 real SAT II's (you probably already did).
Barron's and the real test will be plenty for the math IIC.

By Number9 (Number9) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

Yeah, Ive already got 22 Reals...So I'm set for Math.

Writing is good just with Barrons?

And what about US History?

By Maryville (Maryville) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 12:58 am: Edit

Why not try the Math IC? It's much easier than IIC.

By Number9 (Number9) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:16 am: Edit

No, thats the easy way out. I refuse to take IC. I won't live with myself if I take IC.

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 07:04 am: Edit

Yes, I'd like to know the best writing prep book for the SAT II. Doesn't anyone know?

By Here2insanity (Here2insanity) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 10:14 am: Edit

I think Kaplan's the best - it helped me alot

By Eeeeyor (Eeeeyor) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 10:18 am: Edit

well if all you need is grammar practice then any book is probably going to be fine. there really isnt much to prep for on the writing anyway though if youve taken some high school english classes. if you want help on the essay i think princeton review is good

By Sagar_Indurkhya (Sagar_Indurkhya) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 09:22 am: Edit

how many times can you take any particular SAT II?
Is it the same like SAT I, where you take as many times as you want, and just report highest score?

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 11:49 am: Edit

as of 2002, one has to report all scores, regardless of how good or bad it is. most colleges will only take into consideration your highest scores.

By Physicskid123 (Physicskid123) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

B to the UMP! US Hist? I wanna know too...

By Silverstar (Silverstar) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 07:39 pm: Edit

kaplans writing is awesome. (in my opinion anyway. I haven't actually tried any others..) I started out with a 650 on practice tests, and ended with 750-800 on practice tests after i finished reading the book. (This is only based on the MC portion though, i never practiced any essays) I ended up with a 720 but that was mainly because i completely screwed over on the essay...which isn't exactly kaplan's fault =x

By Number9 (Number9) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 09:54 pm: Edit

So armed with Kaplan and Barron's (I already have it), I'll be in a very good position come October?

Barrons for IIC

Now what for US history?

By Sammywu (Sammywu) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:31 am: Edit

For Math IIC, you should get Princeton Review. I gurrantee that you will improve at least 50pts. because the probs from the book are so similiar to the real ones.

By Ecnerwalc (Ecnerwalc) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

I don't think that the problems in pr math iic are anything like the ones on the june 6 test. Anyways, I do have to commend Barron's writing and Kaplan's writing for the extensive review and essay writing review. (I've never been a stable essay witer and I felt that the book helped drastically to shoot up my score on essay)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page