Best ACT prep book

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Best ACT prep book
By Dalaboy (Dalaboy) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:34 pm: Edit

What is the best ACT prep book?

By Greg530 (Greg530) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 11:04 pm: Edit

The official one from ACT. No debate.

By Arizonamom (Arizonamom) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

Where do you get it-I did not see that one at our local book store. Do you have to order it?

By Vanessa1378 (Vanessa1378) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 12:12 pm: Edit

Whatever you do, don't use ARCO- I found like a bunch of errors. They even messed up the quadratic formula.

By Eeeeyor (Eeeeyor) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 01:03 pm: Edit

if your already good at math and grammar the best way to prepare for the test is just to take practice tests. so the official one is the best for those, and you should be able to get two from the website and one from your school.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit

ARCO and REA publish the worst books for the SAT as well. It seems they can get the title for ACT too! :)

By Forsakn4 (Forsakn4) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 03:55 pm: Edit

does the official book give any good tips or anything? or does it give crap in the beginning like the real sats book?

By Needhelp06 (Needhelp06) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

wow thats awesome i take my act in a few days and i thought ARCO was a little screwy. I went out and bought the PR's Cracking the ACT, but I was wondering, how do the practice tests compare to the real ACT? Are they more or less difficult, or about the same? Thanks.

By Psychoticgar (Psychoticgar) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 04:19 pm: Edit

I got my the official ACT guide from amazon. It came in perfect condition and it cost me only 5 bucks or so.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page