SAT II Writing: Incomplete essay!.. What score will i get?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: SAT II Writing: Incomplete essay!.. What score will i get?
By Unitethecows (Unitethecows) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 08:04 am: Edit

Hi!
I wrote my SAT II writing essay on choices but i didnt have time to write my concluding paragraph.. what score will i get on the essay?..please help, im really worried. ttks

By Conker (Conker) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:48 am: Edit

It depends on the rest of your essay. If it was great, then you could still potentially score an 8-9, maybe even a 10 (if it was really THAT good). I doubt you're an AWFUL writer, so I think we can safely say that you'll score at least a 6.

By Jaylee933 (Jaylee933) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 02:22 pm: Edit

Yeah that 20 min essay is killer. I wrote like 2 paragraphs and they called time. It was bad. I got a 680.

By Tkdgal (Tkdgal) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

I wrote no conclusion....and got a 12/12

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Yeah, it doesn't matter as long aa you have a good essay. If the readers see that your first 3 or 4 paragraphs are really good, then they will know that the conclusion would have been fine, so they will give you a good grade.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:35 pm: Edit

I had a bad run-on sentence in mine, and I may have had one or two others. Do you think that will ruin a 12 for me? I filled the entire prompt.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

filling the entire thing helps A LOT

By Winkalink (Winkalink) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 07:50 pm: Edit

hey, I got a perfect 80 on the multiple choice, but a 62 on the writing (ouch!) because I didn't get to finish mine either. Yeah, I'm a slow writer, too. But I got a 760 (the multiple choice sections counts so much more than the essay), so I wouldn't be too worried. Anyway, you can always take it over.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 08:09 pm: Edit

Damn! I think I wrote a good essay, but I spent too much time on it, and as a result the MC suffered. I think I made the right decision going back because otherwise I would have had a 1 1/2 paragraph essay. Hope I didn't do too badly on the MC. The thing that sucks is I'm usually very good at MC from the tests I've taken at Sparknotes, which were pretty similar. I just had the incomplete essay on the back of my mind the entire time, and it really screwed me up.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

MC is worth 2/3 of the test

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Yeah, but failing the essay and doing good on the MC isn't as good as doing good on the essay and doing okay on the MC.

By Unitethecows (Unitethecows) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 07:10 am: Edit

tks guys... im just hoping i get atleast a 600!..

By Eeeeyor (Eeeeyor) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 08:42 am: Edit

how do you guys know what your score is on the essay section? is it in the score report??

By Curtisny (Curtisny) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

"MC is worth 2/3 of the test"

I think you might be off on this. MC is more like 3/5 of the test rather then 2/3...

By Macadamiamin (Macadamiamin) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 01:25 pm: Edit

Nope. Essay's 1/3, MC 2/3. I remember from the Real SAT II's book.

By Zik (Zik) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

it says on collegeboard website that its 1/3 writing 2/3 mc

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/lc_two/writ/format.html

they wouldnt trick us, would they? ;P

and as for the essay...dont worry...i had my essay all written, finished mc, and then went back to edit my essay. when i found a sentence that sounded really bad, i erased it...got maybe 2 words into it and then i hear the worst thing ever..."PENCILS DOWN!!!"

still got a 12, so its all good.

Good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page