Analyze These New SAT Scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Analyze These New SAT Scores
By Shaman88 (Shaman88) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 08:39 pm: Edit

I took a practice test for the new SAT administered by Princeton Review on Saturday 5/26. I got 740 Math, 700 Verbal, and 710 Writing. I took the SAT earlier this year and got 750 Math, 700 Verbal. Should I take the new SAT or stick with my old scores and take the SAT II Writing?

By Ilcapo (Ilcapo) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:43 pm: Edit

take the new one

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:58 pm: Edit

I thought the writing has an essay for the new SAT. How could you accurately grade your essay? I'm just curious as I will be studying for the SATII soon.

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:32 pm: Edit

i guess u need a qualified person in ur neighborhood? mom or dad? i dunno that's a tough one, essay grading is part subjective.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

I say take the Writing and get on with other stuff rather than worry about another Standardized test

By Shaman88 (Shaman88) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

No, it was graded by the people at Princeton Review. It was an official test administered and proctored. I received my grades two weeks after I took it. I didn't grade it.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 12:34 am: Edit

If PR has never been able to write a test truly comparable to the real thing, why would you put any stock on an attempt to emulate a test that does not exist yet? Official or not, it is simply a worthless exercise in futility and speculation.

Take the SAT-II Writing!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page