IS THIS TRUE?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: IS THIS TRUE?
By Apatel710 (Apatel710) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:01 pm: Edit

is it true that if you take the SAT 3 timez then most colleges average your scores?

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:16 pm: Edit

NO!!!!
They DO NOT!
This is like a type of folklore thing!!!
Take it as many times as you wish!

By Apatel710 (Apatel710) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:21 pm: Edit

ne1 else?

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:27 pm: Edit

you don't need anyone else dude I am 10000000% sure...
Most schools have like ppl that put your highes score in your record and the addcomm doesn't even see your other scores...relax..

By Tkdgal (Tkdgal) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:44 pm: Edit

Yeah but I heard an adcom say not to take them more than three times because you start to seem obsessed....go do an ec you love instead of sitting around for over 9 hours in total taking the sat.

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

lol if u take the sat 3 times or more the SAT is like an EC :-D its a weekly activity

By Joeybg (Joeybg) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

Yeah, that might be true if you have like 1500 and try to reach like 1550...That's useless...it does not make much diff...
But if you got like 1300 and you wanna go somewhere where they want more then you have nothing to lose...go for it...
But as I said schools do not average your score...
If you are so scared just as the school, that's the best way to find out!

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 06:26 pm: Edit

Nah, here's the real thing. If you take it up to three times, then they take your highest score. More than that, they can average, or just pick at random (although it's probably just the average).

By Sirhcv (Sirhcv) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 07:44 pm: Edit

Every school has their own unique policy... Be aware that the schools you apply to will see ALL of your SAT scores, whether they're just inputed/average into a computer by a secrtary, or the adcom sees all of them, its that school's own way of doing things. If you're really concerned, call the school you plan on applying to. And I wouldnt take the sat more than 3 times anyway, espcially if you did 1500+ on one of them, it looks....obsessive, but then maybe you are =P

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

Different colleges have different policies. I think that a few actually do average one's scores, but most take the best single or best composite score.

By 1212 (1212) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:24 pm: Edit

if u are in this situation, make sure that the last test u took has a significantly higher score than rest of the test, and, very minutely, explain in ur college essay or interview to insinuate that u just had bad days previous times. I think that if you took the test in 8th or 9th grade they probably wouldnt really be stressed about taking an extra test

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page