To Anyone Who Took the May MATH IIC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: To Anyone Who Took the May MATH IIC
By Curiousstudent (Curiousstudent) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:56 am: Edit

Do any of you know what raw score you needed to get an 800? Someone told me that a 44 was a 790? Is that true? Thanks for the help

By Infinity (Infinity) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 09:59 am: Edit

In the SAT II book from TCB a 43 raw would be an 800.

By Cherrybarry (Cherrybarry) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:58 am: Edit

I may have been 44. I left four blank and I think I got two wrong, so it rounds to a 790.

By Volleyball6 (Volleyball6) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:30 am: Edit

Anyone take both? Which was harder June or May?
If the curve is only 44=800 on the June, I'm in trouble!

By Missgrapes (Missgrapes) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:52 am: Edit

44=800=eeeeek! I'm hoping for a 42-800 on this test, or I'm a goner...

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:38 pm: Edit

i omitted none and guessed on one, that gave me an 800. i honestly think they need to make the curve harder. why should 10% of people who take it get 800s?

By Missgrapes (Missgrapes) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:46 pm: Edit

they make the curve lenient because, as it says on the test book, you are not expected to have studied all the topics on the test. the sat iis are not meant to test independent study, rather what you have learned in school. curricula have differences in the topics learned, and i, for example, being from the UK, and given that we learn calculus in junior year and "precalc" senior year, was not familiar with many topics on the test. The seven-omit 800 scale accomodates the proportion of questions from any one or two topics on the test that an otherwise able maths student has not studied. Obviously it's not going to be fair to everyone, but it does make allowances for internationals who may not follow the same curriculum you do and have to self-study.

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:39 pm: Edit

Missgrapes: the IC is meant for people who haven't taken the precalc course/trig. That's why they have two math subject tests, so people can take the one for the course they took.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page