If u only marked half the bubble...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: If u only marked half the bubble...
By Simei (Simei) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:38 am: Edit

...will the machine pick it up? I finally figured this really hard math problem out and just as I started bubbling the proctor called time up...arghhh

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:39 am: Edit

So why didn't you just finish it...

By Needhelp06 (Needhelp06) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:40 am: Edit

if you bubbled half of it im pretty confident that the machine will pick it up. :)

By Simei (Simei) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:43 am: Edit

thx Needhelp06~ now i feel better~

Crypto86~ i was sitting in the front row and the proctor was just glaring at me...plus that this kid went over time for like 30 seconds when we were taking wirting so she speicifically warned us that she'll report anybody who does that again~

By Neelesh (Neelesh) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:48 am: Edit

wow. ur proctor suxed ass..

i dont no if it picked it up. because, in the book
UP YOUR SCORE, they say that the computer figures out a pattern in your bubbling, like if u do a slash in every bubble, it will count it. so if you break the pattern, it will not read it.

this is just a theory, and i do not know if they are correct or not. so hope it picks it up!

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:53 am: Edit

lol, my proctor...was ahem ahem ahem yea, not paying attention, didn't even look around the room during the hour

i hate how erasures are misscored that just pisses me off, b/c there's only a certain extent to which u can remove the "blackness" that ur pencil has left behind without tearing up the paper. i had to erase one thing today, i just hope it scored it correctly cause the one i changed it to was the correct one, 100% positive

By Simei (Simei) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:56 pm: Edit

*sigh* really hope it'd pick it up...and I have like three eraser marks, too! I guess I'll just see how my score turn out to be...if it's too unusual I'll just have them hand-score it
*goes off to check out info about hand-scoring*

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:09 pm: Edit

wait, after the official scores are sent, u can still have them hand score it still?

huh?

By Simei (Simei) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:09 pm: Edit

omg~ i just went to collegeboard.com and I can't find the little section about hand-scoring anymore...does anybody know if they still offer that service? how exactly does it work?

By Simei (Simei) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

if i remember correctly...it used to say that if u received ur score and feel that something's not right , u can have them hand-score it...of course it takes some $ and then it may take up to 6 weeks or months or something i can't really remember

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:12 pm: Edit

You can pay them to recheck if you think the machine scoring messed up. I wouldn't really worry about it too much though. You should have seen my 2C... it had smudges and black marks all over. Still got my 800 though. Ha.

By Zbjz15 (Zbjz15) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:30 pm: Edit

Yea, I was wondering how good they are with eraser marks. I had 1 or two and would hate to get penalized because of machine error. I know the scantron at our school always makes mistakes, I hope they have a super one for the SAT.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:41 pm: Edit

doesnt it take like half a second to finish filling in the bubble, unless you fill bubbles with and up and down motion instead of a circular motion. But seriously, those SAT bubbles are pretty huge, thats why i bubble with 5 minutes left, since its faster to go down a page bubbling then stopping after every question.

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

it would suck if i did what i think i did, even though i ended up on the right no. at the end- i might have misaligned the answers..
there's no way to prove that i did or did not
how common is this mistake of misalignement?

By Needhelp06 (Needhelp06) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

i was pretty messy about my bubbling on the SAT I Math. Like I had tons of eraser marks and I bubbled outside the bubble line. I didnt miss any so I doubt the computer is very picky about the way you bubble things in. Half a bubble is enough to be picked up, and I would be surprised if it wasnt.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page