Hunt for june 5 experimental

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: Hunt for june 5 experimental
By Cleanfreak (Cleanfreak) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

which was it::
this is the order of my sections
1st--25 math--(there was a question on batteries)
2nd--verbal
3rd- 25 math (question with knots)
4th QC
5th verbal
6th verbal
7th math

so it was either the 1st or 3rd sectionss...any input on this?? i hope it was the 3rd.

By Chumboy87 (Chumboy87) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:36 am: Edit

I think section three was experimental. I don't remember coming across any questions in the math section that dealt with knots. Probably it.

By Mhawk177 (Mhawk177) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:25 am: Edit

I had no knot question...

By Wackicracka (Wackicracka) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 07:53 am: Edit

I had two quantitative comparisons in a row. Both the 3rd and the 4th sections were qc's... I think it's the 4th section...

By Whtx (Whtx) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:59 am: Edit

I know one of my maths were experimental. The order of it went like 25MC, QC, 25 MC, 10 MC.

Everyone says 4th section is experimental. Does that hold true for all people who got experimental math?

By Ppangan (Ppangan) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:30 am: Edit

i had no knot question either. my sections were
1 - MATH MC
2 - Verbal 30 question
3 - MATH QC
4 - Math MC with the tiles with numbers and you had to guess the probability of picking a tile with a three on it.
5 - Verbal 35
6 - MATH MC
7 - Verbal

By Alliswim (Alliswim) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:32 am: Edit

the experimental was definitely the fourth section because my fourth section was verbal and a lot of people are saying that their fourth section was math.
it went
1.math
2.verbal
3.math quant
4.verbal lots of short readings
5.verbal short readings and davinci passage
6.math
7.verbal

By Ppangan (Ppangan) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:33 am: Edit

which one was my experimental?

By Whtx (Whtx) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:37 am: Edit

Is it true that everyone's experimental is the same section. For example, everyone's experimental is the 4th section whether its math or verbal?

By Cherrybarry (Cherrybarry) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:47 am: Edit

has CB ever used f(x) on an SAT math section?

By Ppangan (Ppangan) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:51 am: Edit

I THINK THEY'RE TRYING OUT THEIR NEW QUESTIONS FOR NEXT SPRING'S NEW SAT.

By Girlx (Girlx) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:34 pm: Edit

Well everyone's test is different so I wouldn't say if Section 4, 5, 6, etc. was experimental... personally, I think my Section 3 was experimental. It was my first of two Quantitative Comparison sections, and one of the grid-ins on Section 3 had a parabola question... DEFINITELY experimental, since they are incorporating Algebra II into the new SAT. I really don't imagine that they'd ask for the equation of a parabola on the non-experimental!

By Mentallydrangd (Mentallydrangd) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

alliswim, i dont think ur fourth was experimental, cuz I had that section but I had 4 math sections (i had the one where section 4 math was like the SAT II Math IIC), and most people had the same sections that werent experimental.

By Whtx (Whtx) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Guys, was my section 4 math experimental? #23 of it was like 3 system of equations, x+y=5,And then second line asked y+w+z = 20, x+w+y+=35. And it asked for the difference between w and z or something? I dont really remember.

#25 in that was like (1/x)^1/y=81. and you had to solve for y.

Was this section experimental or no?

By Pamvanw (Pamvanw) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

The College Board has posted which sections were experimental. http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/testday/highlights.html

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page