A REAL dilemma about cancellation of scores and early admiss

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: June 2004 Archive: A REAL dilemma about cancellation of scores and early admiss
By Shortcakefairy (Shortcakefairy) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 03:31 pm: Edit

Okay, i do have a REAL dilemma...my worry is not about whether or not I get the "800" on my Math IIC...i'm worried that i possibly got a 500!!! I totally blanked out on some questions, got all panicky in the middle, and i wasn't thinking clearly. left a whoel bunch blank etc...

However I think i did okay on Writing (but not as stellar as I had hoped)

Under what conditions would you cancel your scores...and if I do choose to cancel them, how will it affect my applying to schools (such as Georgetown) early action? Will they see the scores of the SAT IIs i retake in the fall?

Thanks =)!

By Haykm11 (Haykm11) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:17 pm: Edit

I'm having the same problem... I feel that I did great in the math, but my writing was very iffy... If we keep these scores and do well on the next Sat IIs.. will it hurt our chances? I'm going to call college board on Monday to find out if the scores remain on out transcript if we do cancel... If I were you, I'd hold off until Tuesday to think about it. That's exactly what I'm doing. My decision will be made by Monday night and the fax would go out Tuesday morning. It's such a stupid rule that we have to cancel ALL scores! ;( Hope you make the right decision...

By Silverstar (Silverstar) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

"I'm going to call college board on Monday to find out if the scores remain on out transcript if we do cancel"

You tests don't even get scored if you cancel.

By Haykm11 (Haykm11) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

"You tests don't even get scored if you cancel."
Do you know if schools see that you cancelled the test?

By Redbarn (Redbarn) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 04:32 pm: Edit

They don't see your scores nor do they see if you cancelled the test. It just appears like you never took the test to begin with.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page